I’ve been away from blogging for a while. Summer does that to you. The odd half hour of crafting here and there never seems to produce a great amount. It does afford you time to plot autumn projects.
I decided to treat myself to one of those magazine subscription summer offers. Three issues for about the cost of one. I don’t tend to buy knitting magazines that often, mostly as I have a 500+ collection of vintage knitting patterns, that with the best will in the world I’ll never get through. In one of the issues there was the most gorgeous vintage style children’s tunic. I knew I would have to make one for my daughter. Up untill this point I’d not really done any cable knitting. I understood the principle of moving stitches about, in practice …
After being caught out with not swatching on a previous project, I whipped up.of quick swatch using the cable pattern. I somehow managed to get tension first time, inspite of not using the recommended wool. Phew.
Here we are at the halfway point.
I quite liked the construction, knitting to the neckline then dividing for the back. After knitting to this point I decided I much preferred it as a button front cardigan, not a button down the back tunic. So I moved the button holes accordingly. I won’t say it was a quick knit. It seemed to take a long time to knit to the neckline, after that it flew.
I finished off with some vintage buttons from my mum’s button tin.
I used Sidar Snuggly DK , knit on 4mm knitpro symphonie straights. This 1-2 size used 1.5 balls.